Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Frog man strikes back

Lately it’s been getting more and more difficult to get Liam out the door in the morning. It’s not that he doesn’t want to go to Cindy’s; just that he has things he wants to accomplish at home first, and his timeline to get out the door doesn’t always jive with ours. He wants to play when we serve breakfast, then eat breakfast while we’re trying to hustle him into his coat and boots, for one thing. Then there is the lunch bag issue: I pack my lunch to take to work in an orange thermal lunchbag, and he is becoming very attached to it. If he spies it in the morning then he wants to carry it and doesn’t like giving it up. Last week he actually took it to Cindy’s with him, simply because I didn’t want to endure the tears that ensue when I take it away. Chad managed to get a few of the food items out for me so at least I had something to eat. Now that Halloween has come and gone, another morning rush hour slowdown has reared its ugly head: The Halloween Costume. Since Liam is no longer required to wear the frog costume, it’s all he wants to wear. This photo wasn’t from this morning, but rather bath time last night (hence the lack of accompanying pants); if he sees it then he wants to wear it, no matter what time of day. Not so bad at night, but in the morning when we are trying to get him into his boots and he wants only to get into his webbed feet… it makes for some trying times. Not to mention the fact that I want to eBay this puppy sometime, and having it smeared with peanut butter is likely to drop the price I will get for it.

(Here is an ‘after’ photo to show the haircut… not all that different at first glance, but go back to October 30th’s post and you will see a big change!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frog man is cute, I must give him that.

Is there a bag similar (or not) to yours that you might be able to get him attached to, perhaps hyping up that this one is HIS? I've been lucky in that Emily will take to almost any purse in lieu of mine, but perhaps that is because my purses are boring in comparison to those that are carrot, elephant, duck and kitty shaped. Then again, she things the bags that Pedoodles shoes come in are the greatest ever.

I'm just saying - you might be able to sway him with some redirection.

As for the frog thing - how could the $ you get on ebay possibly compare to the blackmail potential of pictures such as the one above? HMMMM? Ok, just kidding..I recognize the comment so he'll need a well paying after school job to compete with ebay bids. Maybe as he's enjoying the dress up aspect you might be able to find a costume of some sort on clearance to appeal to the wardrobe issues.

Carrie said...

I've been thinking of getting him his own lunch bag. I might need to do that if I get out to run some errands this weekend. The $5 would be well worth it if I could get to work on time!

As for the dress-up business, we do have a Tickle Trunk started of old Halloween costumes we have worn... everything in it so far is in adult sizes but I think I need to start collecting some kiddo-sized dressup clothes. I wonder if there are any Halloween leftovers I could scoop up cheap right now??

Anonymous said...

Carrie - act fast. Around here the Halloween leftovers are getting VERY slim. Our Target, for example had plenty of trick or treat bags, but the only costumes were along the lines of an adult flight attendant costume and a superman suit for about a 10 year old.